Stay-At-Home-Dad

,
Being a stay-at-home-dad isn't as bad as it seems these days...

Until I begin work, I am a stay-at-home-dad. Yes, my lovely wife pays the bills. She is the one with the wad of cash in her pocket. Me, I do the home stuff. I am extremely thankful for Jess and her sacrifices for our family. She works long, hard weeks so that Quiggly and I can eat, sleep, and live - and eventually do the work I have been waiting so desperately to do - Equity Trading.

Jess has more strength than any woman I know, besides my mother and her mother. Yes, I can't thank her enough for everything she does for me. She blesses me ten fold more every day. And every day I am that much more in love with her. I thank God for a woman that respects me, loves me, cares for me, and delights in me. I am truly blessed.

Therefore, I have been staying at home, studying for my Series 7 Exam, awaiting to begin trading. Now, with this current situation, of course I put away time to study everyday - given this is an IMPORTANT exam. Nevertheless, there is still a large chunk of time that I have to spend doing whatever STAY_AT_HOME_DADs do best, which is.....???

Here is a list of items I complete throughout the day, enjoy the knowledge of a stay-at-home-dad:

1. Feed, play, sleep, and walk the dog.
2. Yoga on the front porch on a pilates mat.
3. Write one new blog each day.
4. Create websites, t-shirts, merchandise, poetry, and songs
5. Read scripture, articles-online, etc.
6. Jam out to Hillsong
7. Walk to Atlanta Bread Company
8. Eat: Chewy Bars, Apple Thomas Muffins, PB&Js, Sun Chips
9. Drink: Apple Juice, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, & Spiced Chai Tea Blended
10. Clean: the dishes, sweep the floor, clean up clothes, Quiggly's torn-apart rubber bone.
11. Go to lunch EVERY DAY with Jess at 12:30 p.m. and eat on the outside patio of the Dept. of Transportation
12. Sit on the front porch with Quiggly, watching passer-byes & widdling my wooden stick
13. Play Old School "Super Mario 3" on Nintendo
14. Go to CVS, which is next door, to roam around or buy index cards
15. STUDY>STUDY>STUDY>STUDY>STUDY>STUDY>STUDY>STUDY>

That is the life in the eyes of a man-chorer-stay-at-home-husband-dude-man. Thank the Lord for my wife and the ability to stay-at-home to get done what needs to get done. Ya know, at first I was so anxious and paralyzed by my position as a stay-at-home-dad. But now, I am becoming more and more appreciative for the fact that I am able to be such, most people don't have the opportunity to wait a month or two to start working the job you will absolutely love! Thank you God. Thank you Jess. Much love.

.Dougles.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Douger, this is so encouraging. I can relate to you in many ways and thank the Lord and Tyler for the opportunity to just be before doing what He has called me to do! It's been hard to find routine and purpose during my days though, and your thoughts really encouraged me. We love you guys and miss you dearly.

Post a Comment