Dance

,



We have finally acclimated to White Plains. Work is going well, we’ve experienced a thriving nightlife, met new friends, and discovered new adventures around every bend. As I get ready this Friday morning (I may run late due to this entry!) I find myself in sheer and unadulterated excitement about tonight. Zumba class! On Wednesday I attended one of these rump shaking – heart pumping Latin dance workout classes with a Colombian girl from the salon. Her name is Yuli – it’s pronounced “Julie” but the spelling throws everyone off. --- We laughed and sweated and watched the clock in hopes the pain-caused-by-dancing would soon cease. It was a blast. SO tonight Yuli and I have invited more girls from the salon – more from Colombia, some from Argentina, some from Jersey, and me – the blonde in a sea of exotic brunettes (with a southern twang!) It certainly will be one eclectic group of dancers. The music is loud, it’s fast, and it’s sung in Spanish – It’s one heck of a workout – as well as a liaison to new friends and new cultures!

To see some Zumba in action visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7DyRjtWRc

.Jecca.

0 comments:

Post a Comment